Programme Director - Health Signature Programme
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Programme Director to lead our flagship Health Signature Programme across DRC. The programme is a multi-awards / multi donor and ambitious programme implemented in 12 Health Zones in Kasai Oriental, Lomami and Kinshasa provinces, currently funded by EU DEVCO, DFID, GSK, ITV and Save the Children. The programme currently has an active funding portfolio of nearly USD 20 million and funded until 2022, and employs over 40 staff members across the 3 provinces. The ITV awards (implemented in Kinshasa province) will come to its normal end in the first half of 2019 with the likelihood of the programme closing-out in Kinshasa province and focusing on Kasai Oriental and Lomami provinces.
We work with the DRC MoH to provide a full package on institutional support and health services with the aim to:
- Improve access to quality health care for new born and children
- Reduce the burden of the 5 child killer diseases (Measles, Malaria, Pneumonia, Diarrhea, Malnutrition)
- Improve community knowledge / awareness of the essential family practices
- Improve accountability at community level
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will have:
- Relevant university degree (Health or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of the DRC health system including institutions, policies and legal frameworks.
- Prior experience in managing institutional and corporate donors funded programmes.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working at the same level of responsibility
- Prior experience in partnership management.
- Prior experience in managing a complex and multi-donors funded programme portfolio.
- Knowledge and working experience of Child’s Rights Programming approach.
- Proven skills in programme management and administration, including grants management and donor compliance.
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Skills and experience in programme monitoring review, reporting and evaluation.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
LOCATION: Kinshasa – DRC
CONTRACT LENGHT: 2 years, with 6 months’ probation
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Date advertised: 4 Dec 2018
Closing date: 18 Dec 2018
Location: Kinshasa, Congo, the Democratic Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time