Director of Information Security and Data Protection
The Role: Director of Information Security and Data Protection
The primary purpose of this role is to maintain and enhance Information Security and Data Protection compliance to mitigate related risks across SCI (global, regional and country offices) and its IT suppliers, and to oversight the Information Security risk across SCA, guiding Members to compliance with agreed global standards and a new to be set up shared service. The role will advise the SCI SLT, Member CEOs and the SCA Audit & Risk Board Committee on compliance and risk in these areas.
This will include on-going setting the global standard, regular risk and compliance assessments, data privacy impact assessments, strategic planning and implementation of actions required to maintain and enhance compliance. The role will also provide strong and clear guidance, advice and recommendation to Members on matters of Information Security and advice as appropriate on Data Protection.
The role will lead on major incidents relating to Information Security and Data Protection within SCI and will form a key member of the Crisis Management Team for Members and other SCI issues as appropriate.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Substantial experience of working in an IT Security leadership role, preferably reporting to the CIO
• Experience of working with globally distributed IT teams
• Experience of assessing IT security risks and designing practical and cost effective action plans to mitigate them.
• Exposure to IT service management processes and tools, in accordance with recognized industry standards such as ITIL.
• Evidence of having operated successfully in a ‘matrix’ organisation, with global, regional and country based staff
• Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
• Strong personal, organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
• Ability to build credibility quickly, and communicate with impact; including demonstrable experience of influencing at director and senior management level
• Strong communication skills, in English.
• Commitment to Save the Children values
• Experience of ‘field operations’ and the IT Security-related issues associated with working in remote, inhospitable and insecure environments
• Strong understanding of/willingness to learn key trends in international and humanitarian development and how technology can and is being utilised to support these developments
• A second language preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
This is a Senior Role with circa pay of £79,000
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 Feb 2021
Closing date: 3 Mar 2021 - 06:59 EET
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Information Technology
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time