Proposal and Reports Coordinator
Proposal and Reports Coordinator
The Proposal and Reports Coordinator will support the Awards Management Director and the Awards team, as well as the Programme Development & Quality Department in: 1) securing long term, high value grants, and 2) coordination and drafting timely and high quality donor reports that meet donor requirements.
Qualifications and experience
· Significant experience of working internationally in humanitarian programmes
· Experience of leading the preparation successful funding (narrative and budget) proposals and reports for donors, including ECHO, DFID, SIDA and OFDA.
· Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
· Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
· Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
· Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements
· Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
· Ability to work well under pressure and work to deadlines
· Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
· Experience of budget management and monitoring
· Excellent communication skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Excellent written and spoken English
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
· Language skills in Arabic
· Experience or understanding of working in the Middle East
· Experience working for Save the Children and working across organisational structures
Contract length: 12 Month
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.