Responsible for cash management in Syria office, and handle incoming and outgoing financial transaction, this includes keeping approved documentation (Receipts, Bank transactions, Vouchers, Petty Cash transactions, etc...), recording transactions according to SC guidelines, assist in producing monthly reports, and assuring adequate cash on hand.
Qualifications and experience
- College graduates in accounting or any other similar discipline.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Contract length: 09 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.