Head of Office (North West)
Head of Office (North West)
The Head of Office will be expected to lead on all aspects of North West Syria area management and contribute to the development of programming in other geographic areas, including program and budget development and management, agency coordination, partner engagement and representation and management of support service functions (HR, Finance, Awards, Admin, Logs and S&S) teams. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at area level, and in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
Qualifications and experience
* Minimum 7 years' senior management experience working in an emergency response contexts or in fragile states
* International experience in humanitarian sector and emergency response experience is essential
* Education to MSc/MA level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* Previous experience of managing a team
* Demonstrated experience with working with local partners.
* Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
* Budget management experience including institutional donors
* Security management experience in insecure environments
* Field and regional representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
* Demonstrable experience of working with partners and establishing strong monitoring and accountability mechanisms
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* A high level of written and spoken English
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
* Remote management and Multi-site management experience
* Specific experience in designing and managing ECHO, OFDA, DFID, and UN agency-funded projects
* National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
* Media trained
* Prior experience in Middle East & other relevant contexts
* Fluency in English is preferred, knowledge of Arabic is desirable,
Contract length: 12 Month
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.