MEAL Coordinator - IKEA / RISE
MEAL Coordinator - IKEA / RISE
The MEAL Coordinator will be based in Amman but will link into the SC Syria Response MEAL team based in Antakya and NE Syria to support the implementation of the overall response MEAL system under IKEA\RISE Project.
He/she will report directly to the RISE Project Manager, but linked to the MEAL Advisor. He/she will drive the implementation of the response MEAL system for IKEA/ RISE projects in coordination with the sector response programmes, consolidating the SC data management system across the response, for both partners and SC direct projects.
He/she will work to ensure that the data needed to track progress against commitments, is being reviewed to increase data quality and inform project adjustment where necessary, and is available in a timely manner to provide decision makers with the information they need to make evidence based decisions. The MEAL Coordinator will also support the implementation of activities for integrating a high level of beneficiary accountability response programmes including the use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for digitised data collection.
He/she will generally support the central MEAL team in all area offices of SC Syria Response and programme teams to ensure learning and accountability systems are working effectively within the emergency response.
Qualifications and experience
· Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or related field
· Previous relevant experience such as data collection and analysis, software engineering, conducting surveys/assessments.
· Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue.
· Strong skills in excel and other data management software.
· Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
· Excellent communication and influencing skills.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
- Experience with institutional donors (i.e. IKEA, ECHO)
- Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Extensive experience in knowledge and database management
- Experience of training and capacity building
Contract length: 6 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.