HR And Administration Manager
HR And Administration Manager
The HR/Admin Manager will be expected to lead on HR, Administration and Child safeguarding, specifically developing robust systems, review existing policies and practices on people management within North East Syria
The post-holder is a member of the NES Core Management Team (CMT) and will be expected to mentor and build capacity of existing HR, Administration and Child safeguarding team. He/she is accountable to the Head of Office for the provision of effective HR and administrative services, ensuring that the team has appropriate human resources in place to adapt to changing contexts as well as ensuring that capacity building is priorities for North East Syria
The HR & Admin Manager will be based in North East Syria
Qualifications and experience
- 5 years of overall experience in INGOs, at least 3 years at management level experience within a complex humanitarian setting
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure and amenities
- Proven operational HR track-record - experience of providing generalist HR service to managers across a full range of HR issues
- Proven skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings and induction
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English
- Experience in working with and managing multicultural teams
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in the Middle East Region
- Knowledge of Save the Children systems and procedures
- Experience in staff capacity building
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred
Contract length: 06 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.