Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator
The Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator supports the AMC Manager in drafting and implementing country-wide advocacy and campaigns plans, talking points, reports, campaigns and external lobbying activities. The Advocacy & Campaigns Coordinator also supports the programme teams to develop and carry-out child participatory advocacy and campaigning activities, collaborate with the programme teams to ensure that external messaging is consistent, and identify and build relationships with key stakeholders at the local and national levels.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Support the development and implementation of an Advocacy and Campaigns strategy for the SRO, focusing on the impact of conflict and displacement on children, analysing policy gaps, and identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders
· Engage with external stakeholders, including other NGOs and civil society, UN actors, etc. to ensure up-to-date information and policy analysis on the situation for conflict-affected children in Syria, challenges, funding, policy priorities, coordination, and other issues.
· Support the SRO and the regional team to develop advocacy risk assessments for the activities and objectives in the Syria advocacy and campaigns strategy.
· Be the focal point for programme teams and management on implementing the national campaign plans, and support programme teams to incorporate child-led campaigning and advocacy activities
Advocacy and situation analysis & materials
· Provide analysis of short- and long-term issues for Syria's children, particularly education, child protection, and MHPSS, as well as of other factors such as UN coordination, funding for the response, security and current and future challenges
· Identify key advocacy opportunities and targets at local and national levels, and mobilize programme and management advocacy support for these
· Ensure strong linkages between advocacy and programmes, and that advocacy is evidence based.
· Draft and otherwise support the production of advocacy products for use at local and national levels
Representation and coordination
· Ensure coordination of advocacy messages and activities between the Country Office and field/area offices
· Support the identification and relationship building with key stakeholders for advocacy at the local and national level
· Support the AMC team and senior management in high-level advocacy work towards relevant authorities, UN actors, donors, NGOs, and other civil society, as well as media, if necessary
Qualifications and experience
- High level of both spoken and written English and Arabic
- At least four years of professional experience on protection, humanitarian policy, campaigns or advocacy work in humanitarian/conflict settings
- At least one year of experience in campaigning, journalism and/or media work
- Experience and understanding of the in-Syria and regional Syrian crisisUniversity degree or equivalent experience in international relations, forced migration or humanitarian programming.
- Previous INGO experience
- Previous research experience
- Save the Children previous experience
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.